Montag, 12. November 2007

Mein Leben in Bildern

As promised, here are some pictures from the last couple months. Unfortunately, they're not really in chronological order, but that shouldn't matter! And as always, apologies for my inability to figure out how to space these things appropriately.






"Arbeit Macht Frei": Work sets you free (same slogan at Auschwitz and perhaps at all of them?)















Memorial at Sachsenhausen to the victims of the Holocaust. Guess who constructed the memorial? Perhaps the Soviets? What gave it away?

Nonetheless, a sobering experience.











My parents' visit: told them to look frightened at the thought of having to enter the Russian Sector













Sans Souci Palace at Potsdam on a beautiful day (probably won't be seeing any more of those until April)










The adorable (???) trick-or-treaters who came to my door on Halloween. I'd say American kids do better, but the Germans are only just discovering the fabulousness of a holiday devoted almost entirely to candy. :-)









Slug bug! Beetle-looking cars on the street in Oranienburg. Not sure where they were off to, but fortunately caught them at a stoplight.














My awesome tour guide in front of the Berlin Dom. If you come to Berlin, you have to take the New Berlin Walking Tour. Free, four hours, fun, and tons of information!








Picking the nose of a Botero sculpture on the lawn in front of the Altes Museum/Berliner Dom (no idea how this got linked to a bad picture of my parents in front of the Brandenburger Tor, nor can I figure out how to fix it, so enjoy!)














Opening fireworks of the Festival of Lights













Berliner Fernsehturm during the Festival of Lights (I live a five-minute walk from here!)
















More pictures to come, but I have to run off to a movie date. I promise I don't go to all these places by myself, even though there aren't any other people in my photos--I do need someone to take pictures of me, after all! I will try to start taking more pictures in social settings, to give you all an idea of who I've replaced you with. :-p

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

i love the fact you're smiling at the camera in front of the memorial... wouldn't a more sober face be more appropriate (just like those asian tourists.... )