Dienstag, 11. März 2008

Die Narkolepsie

I don't have much to write, except that today I think I saw my very first case of narcolepsy-in-action (or is that an oxymoron?). I was heading to the S-Bahn at Gesundbrunnen, and there was a man who had just gotten off the escalator. He was just standing there with his head turned down and a plastic grocery bag at his feet. I was wondering why he wasn't moving, but when I looked at his face I saw that his eyes were closed and he appeared to be fast asleep. I mean, he was just standing there, not leaning on anything, in the middle of traffic, head turned down, seemingly dead asleep! I wasn't sure what to do, so like everyone else, I kept on walking.

On the other hand, it could have been someone really drugged out or drunk. One time on the subway I was sitting next to a drunk man who was stretched out and kept almost falling out of the seat because he kept passing out, in the meantime spilling beer all over the floor. No wonder the whole row was empty except for me and him--I assumed I was just lucky to get a lot of space. I changed my mind when he came thisclose to falling into my lap and spilling beer all over my bag.

Oh Berlin.

Keine Kommentare: