Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2007

Shoot me now.

My computer crashed, deleting all my photos, work (THESIS), everything from the past year.

And so I thought, well good, at least I've saved most of my stuff on my external hard drive (which I got after my computer crashed for the second time and I lost everything I had ever done for the second time). BUT NO! My external hard drive refuses to turn on, and I don't know if it's because of the conversion issue or if it's broken or what.

I have never been depressed before, but if my external hard drive is forever broken, I will have to start taking Prozac or something. My hard drive has thousands and thousands of photos, from trips all over the world and of friends and graduation and parties and on and on.

And oh yeah, I never saved my photos from the past month onto my external hard drive anyway, so you will never get to see how much I enjoyed Munich or how I climbed to the top of the Dom in Cologne or the quirky things I've seen around Berlin. And now all I have is my stupid memory to remember them.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to take photos, and how this is really devastating to me.

And oh yeah, registering at Humboldt was a pain in the butt and I still have to go back because I did something wrong. For the third time. After standing in four lines for three hours yesterday!

The LSAT was also way more difficult than I anticipated. Maybe I should have filled in those little bubbles when I did practice tests, because that actually took a lot of time! I will have to write more about my trip to Munich another time, because I did have some funny--and of course stressful for someone about to take the LSAT--experiences re: the apartment I was staying in.

But oh well, I still have two arms and two legs and a brain and a heart and so I guess I should be happy. Which reminds me, on the train from Berlin to Munich the woman sitting across from me had no arms. It was pretty awesome. She could do everything with her feet and toes--unzip her wallet and take out her ticket, put on her jacket, and, the most amazing feat of them all, but her two bags over her shoulder. So impressive!

Yes, I am really happy that I still have my two arms. And with that, I am going to go celebrate German Reunification Day, which apparently no one cares about, at least in comparison to the Fourth of July in the U.S., but we've got the day off school!

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

This blog is consistently such a sad read! What a shame - I know losing computer data can be just as distressing as losing tangible property. I wouldn't assume all is lost, though - it could be something as simple as some US appliances not working in German plugs, one with a much higher voltage or something. I hope it's sorted out okay.

Anonym hat gesagt…

the previous comment is hilarious...

you probably blew your adapter just like you messed up your hair dryer...

i'm sorry to hear about your mishaps though.... i think it will probably work out (your harddrive should still be intact -- connect to a different computer and it would probably load...)