Dienstag, 7. August 2007

Willkommen bei meinem Blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is a feeble attempt to keep a record of my time in Germany this next year. About the title and web address--it's no longer politically correct to use the term Fraeulein (for reasons I am not aware of), but I don't want to consider myself a Frau just yet. And German prepositions are notoriously difficult, so I don't even know if I am using the right one (in Berlin? bei Berlin?).

Enough about that. I leave for Germany on Thursday (and for NY on Wednesday), which means I have just about one day left before I leave for 11 months. I don't think I'm quite ready to go. First, I just got home from DC on Saturday, and I came home to 5 unpacked boxes from college. I could use a few more days to relax after spending 8 weeks in DC. I have a ton to do and just tomorrow to do it. And I still have no apartment in Berlin. But psychologically I am tired of waiting and just want to get to Germany already, especially since I've been getting mail from Fulbright and exchanging emails with potential roommates and my school mentor all summer. I am fortunate that I am doing a language program first, rather than just showing up to teach English, as it'll be a good introduction to living in Germany.

I start my German course in Dresden on Monday and I am really looking forward to it. The program looks awesome, as does my housing and the cheap dining halls. I'll keep you all updated on what I'm up to during my three weeks in Dresden.

Alright, I need to get to unpacking/packing. Next time I write I will probably be in Dresden!

Bis bald!

Keine Kommentare: